1. Bilge Gökçen

Bilge Gökçen Yeni Üye Üye

Kayıt:
    27 Ağustos 2007
    Mesajlar:
    Beğenilen Mesajlar:
    Ödül Puanları:

Auxiliary Verb Exercises

Konu, 'İngilizce Genel' kısmında Bilge Gökçen tarafından paylaşıldı.

used to exercises auxiliary verbs exercises verb to be Fill each of the following gaps with a suitable auxiliary or auxiliary form.
    1 Schoolboy to friend: I left my book at home. . . . I share yours?
    2 I'm taking swimming lessons. I hope to . . . to swim by the end of the month.
    3 You . . . better take off your wet shoes.
    4 I'm sorry I'm late. I . . . to wait ages for a bus.
    5 Teacher: You . . . (obligation) read the play, but you . . . (no obligation) read
    the preface.
    6 I knew he was wrong but I . . . (hadn 't the courage) to tell him so.
    7 You're getting fat. You . . . to cut down on your beer drinking.
    8 He . . . to smoke very heavily. Now he hardly smokes at all.
    9 The new motorway . . . opened this afternoon, (plan)
    10 I've come without any money. . . . you possibly lend me Ј5?
    11 Ann: . . . we meet at Piccadilly Circus?
    12 Tom: It . . . be better to meet at the theatre. We . . . miss one another at Piccadilly.
    13 . . . you like to come canoeing with me next weekend?
    14 Mary: I . . . to pay 20p. for this little chap on the bus yesterday.
    15 Ann: My little boy's under three so I . . . (No obligation. Use present tense.) to pay
    for him.
    16 The plane . . . landed (unfulfilled plan) at Heathrow, but it has been diverted to
    Gatwick.
    17 You've spelt it wrong. There . . . be another 's'.
    18 You . . . told me! (I'm disappointed that you didn't tell me.)
    19 We . . . to take a taxi. Otherwise we'll be late.
    20 At the holiday camp we . . . to get up at six and bathe in the river.
    Then we . . . come back and cook an enormous breakfast, (routine actions)

21 Tom . . . know the address. (Tom probably knows.)
    22 Tom . . . know the address. (I'm sure that Tom knows.)
    23 I've lost my umbrella! I . . . left it on the bus! (deduction)
    24 Theatre regulations: At the end of the performance the public . . . (are permitted to) leave by all exit doors.
    25 If I . . . you I'd get a taxi.
    26 Did you paint it yourself or did you . . . it painted?
    27 You . . . (negative) to be driving so fast. There's a speed limit here.
    28 You . . . (request) get me some aspirin when you're at the chemist's.

2. Bilge Gökçen

Bilge Gökçen Yeni Üye Üye

Kayıt:
    27 Ağustos 2007
    Mesajlar:
    Beğenilen Mesajlar:
    Ödül Puanları:
    Cevap: Auxiliary Verb Exercises
    1 can/could 2 be able 3 had 4 had 5 must, needn't 6 didn't dare 7 ought/will have 8 used 9 is to be 10 could 11 shall 12 would, might 13 would 14 had 15 don't have/need 16 was to have 17 should/ought to 18 might/should 19 will have 20 used, would 21 should 22 will 23 must have 24 may 25 were 26 have 27 oughtn't 28 might

Auxiliary Verb Exercises konusuna benzer diğer içeriklerimiz
  1. Verb + Preposition

Verb + Preposition

VERB+PREPOSITION ·ACCOUNT FOR :AÇIKLAMAK *** His illness accounts for his absence. ·ABSTAIN FROM :UZAK DURMAK *** His doctor told him to abstain from beer and wine. ·ACCUSE SB OF :SUÇLAMAK *** He accused me of stealing his money. ·ACQUINT SB WITH :HABERDAR ETMEK He acquinted us with the facts. ·ACQUIT SB OF :SUÇSUZ BULMAK The judge acquinted...
  2. Vocabulary Exercises

Vocabulary Exercises

vocabulary exercises approval attempts commercials compromise majority decade experience experiments innovative expert 1)A large _________ of people approve of the death sentence. 2)In a _________ between management and unions, a 4% pay rise was agreed in return for an...
  3. Auxiliary Verbs - Short Answers Test

Auxiliary Verbs - Short Answers Test

Answer the following questions (a) in the affirmative (b) in the negative, in each case repeating the auxiliary and using a pronoun as subject. Do you need this? ~ Yes, I do/No, I don't. Can Tom swim? - Yes, he can/No, he can't. Note also: Is that Bill? ~ Yes, it is/No, it isn't. Will there be time? ~ Yes, there will/No, there won't. Use needn't in 7 and 15....
  4. Past Continuous Tense Exercises

Past Continuous Tense Exercises

past continuous tense exercises Put the verbs in brackets into the past continuous tense. 1 Detective: I'm afraid I must ask you both what you (do) yesterday at 10.20 p.m. Mr X: I (play) chess with my wife. Mr Y: I (listen) to a play on the radio. 2 The children were frightened because it (get) dark. 3 It was a fine day and the roads were crowded because a lot of people...
  5. Infinitives - Exercises

Infinitives - Exercises

infinitives exercises make melekler Insert to where necessary before the infinitives in brackets. (Parantez içindeki fiillerden önce eğer gerekiyorsa "to" koyun) 1 He made me (do) it all over again. 2 She can (sing) quite well. 3 He will be able (swim) very soon. 4 I used (live) in a caravan. 5 You ought (go) today. It may (rain) tomorrow. 6 You needn't...

Sayfayı Paylaş