must, can't and needn't with the perfect infinitive

Konu, 'İngilizce Genel' kısmında Bilge Gökçen tarafından paylaşıldı.

1. Bilge Gökçen

Bilge Gökçen Yeni Üye

must needn t needn t neednt must perfect infinitive must + perfect infinitive is used for affirmative deductions.
    can't/couldn't + infinitive is used for negative deductions.
    needn't + perfect infinitive is used for a past action which was unnecessary but was performed.

Fill the spaces in the following sentences by using one of these forms + the perfect infinitive of the verbs in brackets.

1 Did you hear me come in last night? ~
    No, I . . . (be) asleep.

2 I wonder who broke the wineglass; it . . . (be) the cat for she was out all day.
    3 You . . . (help) him. ( You helped him but he didn 't need help.) 4 I had my umbrella when I came out but I haven't got it now. ~
    You . . . (leave) it on the bus.
    5 He . . . (escape) by this window because it is barred.
    6 I . . . (give) Ј10. Ј5 would have been enough.
    7 I saw a rattlesnake near the river yesterday. ~
    You . . . (see) a rattlesnake. There aren't any rattlesnakes in this country.

8 He is back already. ~
    He . . . (start) very early.

9 He returned home with a tiger cub. ~
    His wife (be) very pleased about that.

10 I bought two bottles of milk. ~
    You . . . (buy) milk; we have heaps in the house.

11 I phoned you at nine this morning but got no answer. ~
    I'm sorry. I . . . (be) in the garden.

12 I left my bicycle here and now it's gone. ~
    Someone . . . (borrow) it.

13 When she woke up her watch had vanished. ~
    Someone . . . (steal) it while she slept.

14 I've opened another bottle. ~
    You . . . (do) that. We've only just started this one.

15 The machine said, 'You weigh 65 kilos,' and I said, Thank you.' ~
    You . . . (say) anything.

16 I told him to turn left and he immediately turned right! ~
    He . . . (understand) you.

17 Perhaps he swam across. ~
    No, he . . . (do) that; he can't swim.

18 Do you remember reading about it in the newspapers? ~
    No, I . . . (be) abroad at the time.

19 He . . . (walk) from here to London in two hours. It isn't possible.
    20 He was very sick last night. ~
    The meat we had for supper . . . (be) good.

21 There was a dock strike and the liner couldn't leave port. ~
    The passengers . . . (be) furious.

22 We went to a restaurant and had a very good dinner for Ј3. ~
    You . . . (have) a very good dinner if you only paid Ј3.
    23 I have just watered the roses. ~
    You . . . (water) them. Look, it's raining now!

24 That carpet was made entirely by hand. ~
    It . . . (take) a long time.

25 The door was open. ~
    It . . . (be) open. I had locked it myself and the key was in my pocket.
    26 He said that he watered the plants every day. ~
    He . . . (water) them. If he had they wouldn't have died.

27 He came out of the water with little red spots all over his back. ~
    He . . . (be) stung by a jelly-fish.
    28 We've sent for a doctor. ~
    You . . . (send) for him. I am perfectly well.

29 I've made two copies. ~
    You . . . (make) two. One would have been enough.

30 There was a terrible crash at 3 a.m. ~
    That . . . (be) Tom coming in from his party.

31 I had to get down the mountain in a thick fog. ~
    That . . . (be) very difficult.

32 I saw Ann in the library yesterday. ~
    You . . . (see) her; she is still abroad.

33 How did he get out of the house? He . . . (come) down the stairs for
    they were blazing.

34 You . . . (lend) him your map. He has one of his own.
    35 I spoke in English, very slowly. ~
    You . . . (speak) slowly. He speaks English very fluently.

36 He was found unconscious at the foot of the cliff. He . . . (fall) 200 metres.

2. Bilge Gökçen

Bilge Gökçen Yeni Üye

Cevap: must, can't and needn't with the perfect infinitive
    1 must have been 2 can't/couldn't have been 3 needn't have helped 4 must have left 5 can't/couldn't have escaped 6 needn't have given 7 can't/couldn't have seen
    8 must have started 9 can't have been 10 needn't have bought 11 must have been 12 must have borrowed 13 must have stolen 14 needn't have done 15 needn't have said
    16 can't/couldn't have understood 17 can't/couldn't have done 18 must have been
    19 can't/couldn't have walked 20 can't have been 21 must have been 22 can't/couldn't have had 23 needn't have watered 24 must have taken 25 can't/couldn't have been
    26 can't/couldn't have watered 27 must have been 28 needn't have sent 29 needn't have made 30 must have been 31 must have been 32 can't/couldn't have seen 33 can't/couldn't have come 34 needn't have lent 35 needn't have spoken 36 must have fallen

must, can't and needn't with the perfect infinitive konusuna benzer içeriklerimiz
  1. Yok BÖyle Wallpaper--perfect.

masaüstü için kaliteli büyük boy wallpaper wallpaper Bu Resim Küçültülmüşdür.Gerçek Boyunu Görmek İçin Tıklayın.Gerçek Boyut 800x600. Bu Resim Küçültülmüşdür.Gerçek Boyunu Görmek İçin Tıklayın.Gerçek Boyut 800x600. Bu Resim Küçültülmüşdür.Gerçek Boyunu Görmek İçin Tıklayın.Gerçek Boyut 1024x768. Bu Resim Küçültülmüşdür.Gerçek Boyunu Görmek İçin Tıklayın.Gerçek Boyut...
  2. Present Perfect Tense

present perfect tense metin present perfect tense metinleri çeviri çeviri ile ilgili şarkılar Present Perfect Tense a) Az önce tamamlanan bir olay için, genelde just ile kullanılır. I have just drunk a cup of tea. He ..... only just ....., so he should be tired. A. did / come B. was / coming C. will / come D. had / come E. has / come...
  3. Past Perfect Tense

Past Perfect Tense a) Geçmişte önce olan olay için Past Perfect, sonra olan olay için de Simple Past kullanılır. When the police arrived, the burglad had escaped. b) Past Perfect temelde Present Perfect'in past halidir. He had won 3 Oscars. We met at a party yesterday, but we ..... each other by sight for...
  4. Future Perfect Tense

Future Perfect Tense Gelecekte bir zamanda tamamlanmış olacak eylem için - genelde zaman belirten by sözcüğü ile birlikte - kullanılır. This time tomorrow, I'll have gone to bed. Hemen her zaman by ya da by the time ile kullanılır: By the time + present tense, future perfect (continuous) By + zaman gösteren ad, future perfect...
  5. Present Perfect or Present Perfect Continuous?

present perfect present perfect continuous exercises and continuous exercises or vs vs Put the verbs in brackets into the present perfect or the present perfect continuous tense. (In some cases either could be used.) 1 We (walk) ten kilometres. 2 We (walk) for three hours. 3 You (walk) too fast. That's why you are tired. 4 I (make) sausage rolls for the party all the...
  6. Future Perfect Tense Exercises

future perfect tense exercises future perfect tense exercise exercises tenses Put the verbs in brackets into the future perfect tense. 1 In a fortnight's time we (take) our exam. 2 I (finish) this book by tomorrow evening. 3 By this time tomorrow we (have) our injections. 4 By the end of next year I (be) here twenty-five years. 5 I'll still be here next summer but Tom (leave). 6...
  7. too/enough/so . . . as with infinitive Exercises

too enough exercises enough too exercises alıştırma so as so that such that Combine each of the following pairs of sentences into one sentence using too/enough with infinitive. It is very cold. We can't go out. It is too cold for us to go out. He is strong. He can carry it. He is strong enough to carry it. Rewrite numbers 3, 20, and 35 using so . . . as...
  8. Infinitive Construction Test - Infinitive Alıştırmalar

infinitive alıştırmalar infinitive test alıştırma Replace the group of words in italics by an infinitive or an infinitive construction. It is important that he should understand this. It is important for him to understand this. He was the first man who arrived. He was the first man to arrive. 1 The captain was the last man who...
  9. Perfect Infinitive with Auxiliaries - Exercises

perfect infinitive exercises perfect infinitive exercise auxiliaries infinitives with auxiliaries exercises Use the perfect infinitive of the verb in italics with the appropriate auxiliary verb. Phrases in bold type should not be repeated, but their meaning should be expressed by the auxiliary + perfect infinitive. It is possible that he telephoned while we were out....

Sayfayı Paylaş