Vocabulary Exercises II

Bilge Gökçen

Yeni Üye
Üye
Vocabulary Exercises II
[FONT=&quot]attempted[/FONT][FONT=&quot] aid[/FONT][FONT=&quot] profitable[/FONT][FONT=&quot] requirement [/FONT][FONT=&quot]refusal[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]impression[/FONT][FONT=&quot] candidates [/FONT][FONT=&quot]revolution[/FONT][FONT=&quot] state[/FONT][FONT=&quot] benefits[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]41)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Over the years it has developed into a highly _________ business.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]42)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]What was your _________ of Charlotte's husband?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]43)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]One of the many _________ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]of[/FONT][FONT=&quot] foreign travel is learning how to cope with the unexpected.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]44)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]He _________ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]to[/FONT][FONT=&quot] escape through a window.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]45)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The Vatican has agreed to donate $80 000 in [/FONT][FONT=&quot]humanitarian[/FONT][FONT=&quot] _________ to countries affected by the war.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]46)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Our request for permission to travel [/FONT][FONT=&quot]met with[/FONT][FONT=&quot] a [/FONT][FONT=&quot]complete[/FONT][FONT=&quot] _________ from the authorities.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]47)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]There are three _________ standing in the election.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]48)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]It is a legal _________ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]that[/FONT][FONT=&quot] you have insurance for your car.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]49)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The kitchen was in its original _________, with a 1920s sink and stove.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]50)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The French _________ changed France from a monarchy to a republic.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]statement[/FONT][FONT=&quot] talent[/FONT][FONT=&quot] stated[/FONT][FONT=&quot] revolutionary[/FONT][FONT=&quot] convinced[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]reputation [/FONT][FONT=&quot]accused[/FONT][FONT=&quot]r equire[/FONT][FONT=&quot] by far [/FONT][FONT=&quot]reduce[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]51)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Her _________ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]for[/FONT][FONT=&quot] music showed at an early age.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]52)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]His _________ was destroyed when he was caught stealing some money.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]53)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The government was determined to _________ the number of state-owned industries.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]54)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Union members _________ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]that[/FONT][FONT=&quot] they were unhappy with the proposal.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]55)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]We were not surprised by their _________ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]that[/FONT][FONT=&quot] the train services would be reduced.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]56)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Please telephone this number if you _________ any further information.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]57)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The twentieth century brought about _________ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]changes[/FONT][FONT=&quot] in our lifestyles.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]58)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]They are _________ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]the best[/FONT][FONT=&quot] students in the class.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]59)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The _________ were all found guilty.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]60)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]I'm _________ [/FONT][FONT=&quot](that)[/FONT][FONT=&quot] she is lying.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]rapid[/FONT][FONT=&quot] qualified[/FONT][FONT=&quot] distinguish [/FONT][FONT=&quot]recent[/FONT][FONT=&quot] constructive[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]mutual[/FONT][FONT=&quot] controversy[/FONT][FONT=&quot] distinguished[/FONT][FONT=&quot] wise[/FONT][FONT=&quot] excessively[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]61)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]He's colour-blind and can't _________ the difference [/FONT][FONT=&quot]between[/FONT][FONT=&quot] red and green easily.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]62)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The 1990s were a period of _________ change.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]63)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]She criticised my writing, but in a way that was very _________ - I learned a lot from her.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]64)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Theirs was a partnership based on _________ respect, trust and understanding.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]65)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]In _________ years there has been an increase in the amount of violence on television[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]66)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]I think grey hair on a man can look very _________.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]67)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]I'm not _________ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]to[/FONT][FONT=&quot] give advice on such matters.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]68)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]I don't drink _________.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]69)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Looking at the weather, I think we made a _________ decision not to go to the coast this weekend.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]70)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]There was a big _________ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]over[/FONT][FONT=&quot] the use of drugs in athletics.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]excessive[/FONT][FONT=&quot] wisdom[/FONT][FONT=&quot] individual[/FONT][FONT=&quot] indispensable[/FONT][FONT=&quot] wise[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]rough[/FONT][FONT=&quot] extensive[/FONT][FONT=&quot] extensively [/FONT][FONT=&quot]desperate [/FONT][FONT=&quot]roughly[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]71)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]There has been an increase of _________ 2.25 million.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]72)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]One certainly hopes to gain a little _________ as one grows older.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]73)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Marion[/FONT][FONT=&quot] has a very _________ writing style.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]74)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]_________ exercise can sometimes cause health problems.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]75)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The wedding received _________ coverage in the newspapers.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]76)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]His long experience at the United Nations makes him _________ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]to[/FONT][FONT=&quot] the talks.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]77)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]It was a _________ mountain road, full of stones and huge holes.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]78)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The side effects of the new drug are being _________ researched.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]79)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Was it Thomas Moore who said that the _________ man learns from the experience of others?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]80)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The doctors made one last _________ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]attempt[/FONT][FONT=&quot] to save the boy's life.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]desperation[/FONT][FONT=&quot] precisely[/FONT][FONT=&quot] individual [/FONT][FONT=&quot]apparently[/FONT][FONT=&quot] inevitable frank[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]so far[/FONT][FONT=&quot] immense[/FONT][FONT=&quot] notorious[/FONT][FONT=&quot] deliberately [/FONT][FONT=&quot]frankly gloom[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]81)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]To be perfectly[/FONT][FONT=&quot] _________ with you, I don't think she's the woman for the job.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]82)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Every _________ has rights which must never be taken away.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]83)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]In[/FONT][FONT=&quot] _________, they jumped out of the window to escape the fire.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]84)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The company is _________ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]for[/FONT][FONT=&quot] paying its bills late.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]85)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]_________ we've made thirty-two thousand pounds.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]86)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]I thought they were married but _________ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]they are not married.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]87)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]You look tired - you should go home and rest." "I'm going to do _________ that."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]88)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]I'm sure he says these things _________ to annoy me.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]89)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The accident was the _________ consequence of carelessness.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]90)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]They spent an _________ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amount[/FONT][FONT=&quot] of time getting the engine into perfect condition.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]91)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Quite[/FONT][FONT=&quot] _________, I think this whole situation is ridiculous.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]92)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Bergman's films are often full of _________ and despair.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]put forward[/FONT][FONT=&quot] deals with[/FONT][FONT=&quot] corrupt[/FONT][FONT=&quot] confirme d[/FONT][FONT=&quot]regarded blames[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]put forward[/FONT][FONT=&quot] negotiate [/FONT][FONT=&quot]corrupts [/FONT][FONT=&quot]handed over[/FONT][FONT=&quot] charge (2) blame[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]93)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]They [/FONT][FONT=&quot]_________ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]you $20 just to get in the nightclub.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]94)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Her parents always [/FONT][FONT=&quot]_________ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]her [/FONT][FONT=&quot]as[/FONT][FONT=&quot] the cleverest of their children.[/FONT]
95)[FONT=&quot]Many [/FONT][FONT=&quot]suggestions[/FONT][FONT=&quot] have been [/FONT][FONT=&quot]_________[/FONT][FONT=&quot] but a decision is unlikely until after next year's general election.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]96)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Hugh [/FONT][FONT=&quot]_________ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]his mother [/FONT][FONT=&quot]for[/FONT][FONT=&quot] his lack of confidence.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]97)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]If anything goes wrong, I'll [/FONT][FONT=&quot]take[/FONT][FONT=&quot] the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]_________[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT]
98)[FONT=&quot]Six people have [/FONT][FONT=&quot]_________ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]that[/FONT][FONT=&quot] they will be attending and ten haven't replied yet.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]99)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The whole system was [/FONT][FONT=&quot]_________ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]- every official she approached wanted money before helping her.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]100)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The study claimed that violence on television [/FONT][FONT=&quot]_________ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]the minds of children.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]101)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Her new film [/FONT][FONT=&quot]_________ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]the relationship between a woman and her sick daughter.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]102)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The hijacker was [/FONT][FONT=&quot]_________ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]to[/FONT][FONT=&quot] the French police.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]103)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The government has refused to [/FONT][FONT=&quot]_________ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]with[/FONT][FONT=&quot] the strikers.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]104)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The [/FONT][FONT=&quot]proposals[/FONT][FONT=&quot] that you have [/FONT][FONT=&quot]_________ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]deserve serious consideration.[/FONT]

Geri
Üst