Definite Article "The" Test

Bilge Gökçen

Yeni Üye
Üye
Definite Article "The" Test
Insert the if necessary. (Gerekli yerlere "the" definite article'ı yerleştirin)

1 . . . youngest boy has just started going to . . . school; . . . eldest boy is at . . . college.
2 She lives on . . . top floor of an old house. When . . . wind blows, all . . . windows rattle.
3 . . . darkness doesn't worry . . . cats; . . . cats can see in . . . dark.
4 My little boys say that they want to be . . . spacemen, but most of them will probably end up in . . . less dramatic jobs.
5 Do you know . . . time? ~
Yes, . . . clock in . . . hall has just struck nine. ~
Then it isn't . . . time to go yet.
6 He was sent to . . . prison for . . . six months for . . . shop-lifting.
When . . . six months are over he'll be released; . . . difficulty then will be to find . . . work. ~
Do you go to . . . prison to visit him?
7 I went to . . . school to talk to . . . headmistress. I persuaded her to let Ann give up . . . gymnastics and take . . . ballet lessons instead.
8 . . . ballet isn't much use for . . . girls; it is much better to be able to play . . . piano.
9 I am on... night duty. When you go to . . . bed, I go to . . . work.
10 Peter's at . . . office but you could get him on . . . phone. There's a telephone box just round . . . corner
11 He got... bronchitis and was taken to . . . hospital. I expect they'll send him home
at . . . end of . . . week. ~
Have you rung . . . hospital to ask how he is?
12 Ann's habit of riding a motorcycle up and down . . . road early in . . . morning annoyed . . . neighbours and in . . . end they took her to . . . court.
13 He first went to . . . sea in a Swedish ship, so as well as learning . . . navigation he had to learn . . . Swedish.
14 . . . family hotels are . . . hotels which welcome . . . parents and . . . children.
15 On . . . Sundays my father stays in . . . bed till ten o'clock, reading . . . Sunday papers.
16 Then he gets up, puts on . . . old clothes, has . . . breakfast and starts . . . work in . . . garden.
17 My mother goes to . . . church in . . . morning, and in . . . afternoon goes to visit . . . friends.
18 Like many women, she loves . . . tea parties and . . . gossip.
19 My parents have ... cold meat and . . . salad for . . . supper, . . . winter and . . . summer.
20 During . . . meal he talks about . . . garden and she tells him . . . village gossip.
21 We have a very good train service from here to . . . city centre and most people go to . . . work by train. You can go by . . . bus too, of course, but you can't get a season ticket on . . . bus.
22 . . . dead no longer need . . . help. We must concern ourselves with . . . living. We must build . . . houses and . . . schools and . . . playgrounds.
23 I'd like to see . . . Mr Smith please. ~
Do you mean . . . Mr Smith who works in . . . box office or . . . other Mr Smith?
24 Did you come by . . . air? ~
No, I came by . . . sea. I had a lovely voyage on . . . Queen Elizabeth II.
25 . . . most of . . . stories that . . . people tell about . . . Irish aren't true.
26 . . . married couples with . . . children often rent . . . cottages by . . . seaside for . . . summer holidays.
. . . men hire boats and go for . . . trips along . . . coast; . . . children spend . . . day on . . . beach and . . . poor mothers spend . . . most of . . . time doing . . . cooking and cleaning.
27 It's usually safe to walk on . . . sand, but here, when . . . tide is coming in, . . . sand becomes dangerously soft. . . . people have been swallowed up by it.
28 When . . . Titanic was crossing . . . Atlantic she struck an iceberg which tore a huge hole in her bow. . . . captain ordered . . . crew to help . . . passengers into . . . boats.
29 Everywhere . . . man has cut down . . . forests in order to cultivate . . . ground, or to use . . . wood as . . . fuel or as . . . building material.
30 But . . . interference with . . . nature often brings . . . disaster. . . . tree-felling sometimes turns . . . fertile land into a dustbowl.
31 . . . people think that . . . lead is . . . heaviest metal, but . . . gold is heavier.
32 Our air hostess said, '. . . rack is only for . . . light articles. . . . heavy things such as . . . bottles must be put on . . . floor.'
33 . . . windows are supposed to let in . . . light; but . . . windows of this house are so small that we have to have . . . electric light on all . . . time.
34 There'11 always be a conflict between . . . old and . . . young. . . . young people want . . . change but . . . old people want . . . things to stay . . . same.
35 . . . power tends to corrupt and . . . absolute power corrupts absolutely.
36 You can fool some of . . . people all . . . time, and all . . . people some of . . . time; but you cannot fool all . . . people all . . . time.

Cevap: Definite Article "The" Test

Exercise 2 (As before '-' indicates that no article is required, '(the)'
indicates that the article is optional.)
1 The,-, the,- 2 the; the, the 3-,-,-, the 4-,- 5 the; the, the;- 6-,-,-; the, the,-; the 7 the, the;-,- 8-,-,the 9-; -,- 10 the, the; the II-,-; the, the; the 12 the, the, the, the, - 13-,-,- 14-, -,-,- 15-,-, the 16-,-,-, the 17-, the, the, - 18-,- 19-,-, -,-,- 20 the, the, the 21 the, -; -,the
22 The, -; the;-,-,- 23-; the, the, the 24-;-; the 25-, the,-, the 26-, -,-,the, the; The,-,the; the, the, the, the, -, the, the 27 -, the, the; - 28 the, the; The, the, the, the 29 -, -, the, the, -,- 30-,-,-;-,- 31-,-, the, - 32 The, -;-,-,the 33-, (the), the, the, the 34 (the), (the); -,-,-,-, the
35-. - 36 the, the, the, the, the, the

Geri
Üst