Future Simple or Future Continuous Tense?

Bilge Gökçen

Yeni Üye
Üye
Future Simple or Future Continuous Tense?
future continuous tense exercises future continuous exercises simple simple and vs
Put the verbs in brackets into the appropriate future form, using will + infinitive or the future continuous. (Where alternative forms are possible they will be given in the key.)

1 There is going to be a bus strike. Everyone (walk) to work next
2 You've just missed the last train! ~
Never mind, I (walk).
3 I'll ring you tomorrow at six. ~
No, don't ring at six; I (bath) the baby then. Ring later.
4 Mother: Your face is dirty.
Child: All right, I (wash) it.
5 Will you have lunch with me on the 24th? ~
I'd love to, but I'm afraid I (do) my exam then.
6 I (work) for Mr Pitt next week as his own secretary will be away.
7 You (have) something to drink, won't you?
8 Why did you take his razor? He (look) for it everywhere tomorrow.
9 I hope you'll do well in the race tomorrow. I (think) of you.
10 Notice on board ship: In the event of an emergency all passengers (assemble) on the

boat deck.
11 I don't feel well enough to go to the station to meet him. ~
I (meet) him for you. But how I (recognize) him? ~
He's small and fair, and he (wear) a black and white school cap.
12 I (leave) these flowers at the hospital for you. I (go) there anyway visit my cousin.
13 You ought to try to get a ticket for the Spectators' Gallery next week; they (debate)
international fishing rights.
14 You've left the light on. ~
Oh, so I have. I (go) and turn it off.
15 I've just been appointed assistant at the local library. ~
Then you (work) under my sister. She is head librarian there.
16 I want to post this letter but I don't want to go out in the rain. ~
I (post) it for you. I (go) out anyway as I have to take the dog for a walk.

17 The prima ballerina is ill so I expect her understudy (dance) instead.
18 Today is Guy Fawkes' Day; this evening people (let) off fireworks and (make) bonfires
in the streets.
19 Military order: Sentries (remain) on duty till they are relieved.
20 This time next Monday I (sit) in a Paris cafe reading Le Figaro. ~
You (not read). You'll be looking at all the pretty girls.

21 Wages have gone up, so I suppose prices (go up) too.
22 It is nearly autumn; soon the leaves (change) colour.
23 Mother (on phone): My son has just burnt his hand very badly.
Doctor: I (come) at once.

24 Customer in restaurant: Waiter, this plate is dirty.
Waiter: I'm sorry, sir, I (bring) you another.

25 In a few years' time we all (live) in houses heated by solar energy.
26 It's beginning to get dark; the street lights (go on) in a few minutes.
27 We (not play) poker at the party tonight; our hostess doesn't approve
of cards.

28 Let's wait here; the swing bridge (open) in a minute to let that ship through.
29 Guest: May I use your phone to ring for a taxi?
Hostess: Oh, there's no need for that; my son (drive) you home.

30 Come on deck; we (enter) harbour in a few minutes.
31 Before you leave the office you (hand) the keys of the safe to Mr Pitt. Do you
understand?~
Yes, sir.
32 Are you nearly ready? Our guests (arrive) any minute.
33 Loudspeaker announcement: The ship (leave) in a few minutes and all persons not travelling are asked to go ashore.
34 Now that the parking regulations have become stricter, more people (use) public transport and (leave) their cars at home.
35 I've got rats in my basement and I don't know how to get rid of them. ~
I (bring) my dog round whenever you like. He (catch) them for you.

36 I'm afraid I've just broken your goldfish bowl. ~
Never mind, I (put) the goldfish in the bath.

Cevap: Future Simple or Future Continuous Tense?

(shall can be replaced by will in these answers. Contractions may be used.)
[FONT=&quot]1 will be walking[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 2[/FONT][FONT=&quot] will walk[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 3[/FONT][FONT=&quot] shall be bathing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 4[/FONT][FONT=&quot] will wash [/FONT][FONT=&quot]5[/FONT][FONT=&quot] shall be doing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 6[/FONT][FONT=&quot] shall be working/am working[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 7[/FONT][FONT=&quot] will have[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 8[/FONT][FONT=&quot] will be looking[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 9[/FONT][FONT=&quot] shall be thinking/shall think[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 10[/FONT][FONT=&quot] will assemble[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 11[/FONT][FONT=&quot] will meet, shall I recognize, will be wearing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 12[/FONT][FONT=&quot] will leave, shall be
going/am going[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 13[/FONT][FONT=&quot] will be debating/are debating[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 14[/FONT][FONT=&quot] will go[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 15[/FONT][FONT=&quot] will be working[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 16[/FONT][FONT=&quot] will post, shall be going/am going[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 17[/FONT][FONT=&quot] will be dancing/will dance[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 18[/FONT][FONT=&quot] will be letting off[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT][FONT=&quot] . .[/FONT][FONT=&quot] and making/will let off [/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT][FONT=&quot] . .[/FONT][FONT=&quot] and make[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 19[/FONT][FONT=&quot] will remain[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 20[/FONT][FONT=&quot] shall be sitting, won't be reading
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]21[/FONT][FONT=&quot] will be going/will go[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 22[/FONT][FONT=&quot] will be changing/will change[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 23[/FONT][FONT=&quot] will come[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 24[/FONT][FONT=&quot] will bring[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 25[/FONT][FONT=&quot] shall all be living[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 26[/FONT][FONT=&quot] will be going/will go[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 27[/FONT][FONT=&quot] shall not be playing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 28[/FONT][FONT=&quot] will be opening/will open[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 29[/FONT][FONT=&quot] will drive[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 30[/FONT][FONT=&quot] shall be entering[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 31[/FONT][FONT=&quot] will hand[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 32[/FONT][FONT=&quot] will be arriving/will arrive
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]33[/FONT][FONT=&quot] will be leaving[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 34[/FONT][FONT=&quot] will be using[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT][FONT=&quot] . .[/FONT][FONT=&quot] and leaving/will use.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT][FONT=&quot] .[/FONT][FONT=&quot] and[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]leave[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 35[/FONT][FONT=&quot] will bring, will catch[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 36[/FONT][FONT=&quot] will put [/FONT]

won't + infinitive (except when used as part of the ordinary future simple, shall/will) usually implies that the subject refuses to perform a certain action. The negative future continuous tense merely states that a certain action will not take place.
Put the verbs in brackets into the appropriate future form, using won't + infinitive or the future continuous negative. (Where other future forms are also possible this will be noted in the key.)
1 I don't like that man and I (not help) him.
2 He (not meet) her, because they will be in different places.
3 My husband (not cut) down the tree. He says that it is perfectly all right as it is.
4 My husband (not cut) the hedge for some time, because he's got a lot of other jobs to do first.
5 Tom (not come) to our party, because he will be away on that date.
6 Peter says that he (not come) to our party. He doesn't approve of parties.
7 She says that she (not lend) me the book, because I never give books back.
8 Mr Pitt (not speak) at the meeting tonight, because he has unexpectedly had to go to hospital.
9 I'll work under anyone except my brother. I (not work) under him.
10 We'll be in the same firm, but we (not work) together, because we'll be in different departments.
11 I (not have) that boy in my class. He is far too noisy.
12 I (not teach) you next week, as I have to go to Paris.
13 He is so angry with his sister that he (not speak) to her.
14 I'll give your message to my sister when I write; but I (not write) some time, as I only write once a month and I posted a letter to him yesterday.
15 I (not feed) your dog again. He always tries to bite me when I come near him.
16 They were very rude to me. I (not go) there again.
17 He said, 1 (not paint) you in that dress. It does not suit you.
18 I (not take) any photographs for some time because my camera is being repaired.
19 I (not borrow) his van again. The brakes don't work properly.
20 That boy (not wash) his face. He likes being dirty.
21 You can have the car tomorrow if you like. I (not use) it as I'll be far too busy to go out.
22 She says that she (not send) the child to school, no matter what we say. She thinks it is far better to educate children at home.
23 He says he (not play) for them again, because they aren't giving him enough money.
24 She (not sing) at the next concert, because she has had to go home suddenly.
25 I (not play) cards with you again. You always cheat.
26 She (not take) part in the bridge tournament, because she'll be away then.
27 I (not eat) any more of this; I feel queer already.
28 I (not eat) curry again for a long time, because I am going to stay in a house where no one knows how to cook it.
29 He says that he (not ride) that mare again, because she's dangerous.
30 Tom (not ride) in tomorrow's race, because he is too young. They don't allow riders under sixteen.
31 Whisky is absolutely necessary to me and I (not give) it up.
32 Jack (not drink) whisky this time next week, because he'll be in hospital and they won't give it to him there.
33 I (not open) the window. I dislike fresh air.
34 There is something on his mind, but he (not tell) me what it is.
35 The cat (not eat) fish so I have to buy meat for him.
36 He (not wear) uniform when you see him, because he'll be on leave then, and they don't wear uniform when they are on leave.

(In these answers I/we won't can be replaced by I am not going to/we are not going to without any change in meaning. It is also grammatically possible to replace you/he/they won't by the going to form, but this would make the negative much less emphatic, shan't is replaceable by won't.)
1 won't help 2 won't be meeting 3 won't cut 4 won't be cutting 5 won't be coming/isn't coming 6 won't come 7 won't lend 8 won't be speaking/isn't speaking 9 won't work
10 shan't be working 11 won't have 12 shan't be teaching/am not teaching 13 won't
speak 14 shan't be writing 15 won't feed 16 won't go 17 won't paint 18 shan't be taking

19 won't borrow 20 won't wash 21 shan't be using 22 won't send 23 won't play 24 won't be singing/isn't singing 25 won't play 26 won't be taking part/isn't taking part 27 won't eat 28 shan't be eating 29 won't ride 30 won't be riding/isn't riding 31 won't give 32 won't be drinking 33 won't open 34 won't tell 35 won't eat 36 won't be wearing

Geri
Üst